The device may need some adjustment. We recommend following our Hearing Recovery Plan to get used to hearing new sounds. Also, be sure to check that you're not just hearing environmental sound such as your air conditioner or noisy electronic devices. If neither of these are the case your device may be defective.
Try adjusting the volume to its lowest level. If that doesn't work, then your hearing loss may not be drastic enough for this model. The Otto may not be for you, but we may have a model that will suit your needs much better. Contact us for a return for refund or for an exchange to a more suitable model.
Ensure that the volume can't be turned up with the (+) button. If it can't be raised, the battery may be running low; try a new battery. Also, ensure that the dome is clear of ear wax and other debris. If the amplifier is functioning properly and still isn't loud enough then you may need a more powerful amplifier. Contact us for a return for refund or for an exchange to a more suitable model.
We recommend starting with a new battery. After the new battery is installed, try adjusting the volume up and down to see if there's any audible difference. If it's still not working, please ensure the dome is clean and not obstructed by ear wax or other debris.
Please turn the volume to its lowest setting prior to inserting into your ear. While there may be an initial whistle, this will clear when the dome is correctly fitted in your ear canal. There shouldn't be any space between your ear canal and the dome itself.
- Keep away from hairspray and cosmetics; be sure to clean device if exposed.
- Don't expose the device to heat or high temperatures.
- Don't use a hair dryer while wearing your device.
- Keep your amplifier in its case while not in use.
- It's extremely harmful to expose the device to magnetic or high frequency fields, please remove the device before exposing to an X-Ray or MRI.
- Don't leave your device in direct sunlight.
- Don't go swimming with your device or expose it to water.
- Regular cleaning of the device with a lint-free cloth will prolong its life.
- Keep ears clean and free of wax.
Right here on our website, please visit our accessories page.
BHA-220 - P675 Battery from Power
BHA-702 / BHA-902 - P13 Battery from Power